Bake up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you Avenue 80 Apartments in Overland Park, Kansas and put our expansive kitchens to good use!
If you’re search for a new dessert that will allow you to utilize your equipped kitchen, this Devil’s Food Cake will put your space to the test. Often served alongside Angel Food Cake, Devil’s Food Cake is sinfully delicious on its own, so there is no need to bring in the extra reinforcements. Whether it’s National Devil’s Food Cake Day, which falls annually on May 19th, or not, you can whip up this recipe to be served with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and some chocolate syrup – undoubtedly leaving everyone in your apartment home feeling satisfied. Check out the ingredients and directions below!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a small pan, melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream together the sugar and the eggs until light in color. Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs and temper mixture by beating well. Add 1 cup boiled water and blend well.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Add the vinegar and the milk and stir into the chocolate batter, then pour into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The best clue is that you will start to smell the aroma of chocolate filling your apartment home!