Looking for a delicious alternative to potato chips? What about a snack that not only satisfies your cravings for something crunchy, but also delivers tons of nutrients, like vitamins A, C, K and B6, calcium, copper, potassium, and manganese? Try Kale Chips! Kale Chips are a trendy snack with real staying power. Make them at home and enjoy this light and flavorful snack anytime you like.
• 1 large bundle curly green or purple kale
• 1-2 Tbsp melted coconut or avocado oil
• Seasonings of choice (i.e. pinch sea salt, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rinse and thoroughly dry kale, then tear into small pieces and discard any large stems.
3. Add to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with oil and seasonings of choice. Toss thoroughly to combine, using hands to distribute the oil and seasonings evenly.
4. Spread the kale over 2 large baking sheets (use fewer or more if adjusting batch size), ensuring the kale touches as little as possible to help them crisp while baking.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the pans around and lightly toss/stir kale to ensure even baking. Bake for 5-10 minutes more, or until kale is crispy and very slightly golden brown. Watch closely as it can burn easily.
6. Remove from oven and let cool slightly – chips will crisp up even more once out of the oven.
7. Enjoy immediately! Best when fresh. Store leftovers covered at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Avenue 80 Apartments in Overland Park, Kansas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!