In the Mood for Comfort Food? Give This Mac and Cheese Recipe a Try
Little compares to a big, steamy helping of everyone’s favorite comfort food: macaroni and cheese. Mix up a big pot of this Classic Macaroni and Cheese recipe, and you’ll soon forget all about your worries. Not to mention, this recipe can be made with a lot of basic pantry items, making it a perfect, budget-friendly choice for your quarantine period. Eat up!
• 8 ounces elbow macaroni pasta
• ¼ cup butter
• 2 ounces cream cheese, cut in cubes
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups milk
• 2 cups shredded cheese (try cheddar or Colby Jack)
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Black pepper, to taste
1. Thoroughly cook the macaroni pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water.
2. While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cream cheese until well combined.
3. Then, stir in the flour, salt, and pepper until the mixture is smooth – about 5 minutes. This creates a delectable base for your cheese sauce.
4. Slowly pour milk into the sauce base, stirring as you go. Keep stirring until everything is smooth and slightly boiling. This will take anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the shredded cheese to the mixture and stir until the cheese is well-combined with the other ingredients.
6. After you’ve drained the macaroni pasta and returned it to its pot, pour the cheese sauce mixture over the pasta and stir gently. Serve hot with extra cheese on top, if you’d like.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Avenue 80 Apartments in Overland Park, Kansas and put our expansive kitchens to good use!